cinéma vérité: filming without film

ci·né·ma vé·ri·té: a style of documentary filmmaking that stresses unbiased realism: filming without film.

3.11.2003

yesterday afternoon's affair:

if skipping class is wrong then go to hell. accompanied by a fat stick and good tunes a friend and i departed this area code for an afternoon of antics. i found my head full of a cloud for most of the time, communication seemed limited. food made me function. and sleep made me want my pillow even more. so what was accomplished? what made skipping class worth it all? maybe it was the freedom given to me to chose. maybe it was what i did instead of class. or maybe, it was because i am now happy.

my friend and i had another conversation, which discussed how we convince ourselves we are in a state of despair. and then we write. and we write using the emotion of despair because it is so easily recognizable to the reader, it is an emotion the reader can relate to. secondly, we use the emotion of despair when we write because this is one of the more intense emotions that one feels, but we chose to use this emotion. constantly writing with despair as our muse is dangerous water to tred my friend. you're swimming with sharks, so lets stick to the better things that life brings, and when life sucks, sure, we'll chronical it all, but for now, i'd prefer to keep my head up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home